Monday, August 1, 2011

Crocs: Your Friend on Rainy & Stormy Days


When Crocs was first introduced in the market, I used to hate it. I cannot seem to fathom why people would want to wear those fashionably obscene ,chunky plastic shoes. Costing around 2K to 3K, it made me want to despise them more. 

They were jumping on the Havaianas bandwagon, same like Grendha and Ipanema . Only, if they were relatives, Crocs seemed to be the distant ugly cousin. 

My perspective had a 180 degree turn during the rainy days. Referencing Charice on Glee, it's not always sunny in the Philippines. We also have monsoon season. And during those times, my footwear inventory would be mercilessly decimated.
My poor office shoes already showing signs of wear and tear.
After walking in soggy shoes around the office for some time, I decided to use slippers on the way to work and just revert to shoes in company premises.

But wearing slippers on a rainy day especially if one is going to the office is not that good. Though, comfy, slippers expose the feet to rain water and even puddles. I always had the urge to wash my feet in alcohol after each trip.

On one incident, I boarded a jeepney on the way to way to work. I saw a co-worker wearing a fuschia colored pair of Crocs. Comparing it with my feet drenched in dirty water, she were better off than me. Then and there I decided to go to the nearest Crocs store after working hours.

I bought this one. It is neutral in color and the design is simple enough that I won't have trouble matching it with any clothes. 

I did a test run on it today and I liked it. The rubber was soft yet durable that it added a bit of a 'bounce' as I walked through the wet and puddled roads. Even though it's new, it doesn't cramp my feet.

Sure enough, I'll be using this more often especially during rainy season.

No comments:

Post a Comment